Worldly Adventurer was born from the desire to help independent travellers explore South America in a more responsible and adventurous way, allowing readers to go beyond-the-beaten-trail and get to the real heart of this vast, bewitching continent.
As the website has grown, so has the need to add new enthusiastic and knowledgeable writers to the team to help expand the range of destinations that we cover.
Are you the perfect fit for Worldly Adventurer?
We are seeking application from two different types of people:
- Writers with experience of travelling in South America. We’re particularly looking for people who have spent a considerable amount of time (at least one month) in Colombia, Peru or Chile.
- Writers with copywriting experience (preferably in the travel sphere).
For both of these roles, we’re looking for writers who have:
- Excellent writing skills, with the capacity to present information in an interesting and readable manner.
- Excellent internet research skills; the ability to scour the internet for information that few other travel websites have is essential!
- A microscopic commitment to detail.
- A willingness to respond to feedback and adapt your style to suit Worldly Adventurer.
- A passion for responsible travel and a desire to encourage others to do so in a sustainable way.
- Experience of working in WordPress.
- Knowledge of writing for SEO purposes.
- Previous writing experience.
- High-resolution photos from your travels.
Candidates can apply from anywhere around the world
What Worldly Adventurer can offer you
- At least one 1,500 to 2,500-word article per month. Payment will depend upon article length and your experience and will be made via Paypal. Rates are generally between $50 and $120 USD.
- Mentorship from an experienced travel writer and blogger, with regards to developing your writing or blog.
Sound like a great fit? Here’s what you need to do now
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch! We’re looking to get new team members started in August. All you need to do is complete the application form here by Friday 12th of July.
Brief Skype conversations with candidates that look like a good fit for the role will be held in the third week of July.